Monday 25 February 2008

New perspectives on Marburg

Since the house arrived a day early last Thursday I have not been able to get my head around anything. Between the excitement of the arrival, a night’s missed sleep, a houseful of extra people and excited children I have not had a moment’s quiet thought. I am finding more and more that the writing is very much an end product of a lot of thought and research. If the front end isn’t done then there is nothing, no fuel for the fire.

Instead in response to queries as to the silence from my end, I’ve decided to share a few photos with you of Marburg in ways I had never seen it before. It was indeed a dramatic and moonlit scene in the early hours last Thursday. These images step you through from 3am to 5.30am, from the highway at 3am to downtown Marburg to the sun rising over the d'Aguilar Range – normally my less-than-optimal functioning hours. I’ll bring you more images later of the house move itself. I think my still shots totalled around 260 in addition to several hours of regular video filming and the same of digital video. It will take me a while to sort through them.






No comments: