Thursday 19 May 2011

Writing slump

I've lost my writing mojo.

Somewhere between Easter and now, I've lost the motivation to write. I've started a handful of posts and done the digital equivalent of crumpling them up in my hand and tossing them in the bin.

Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe I'm just discouraged. Or maybe I'm just not meant to be writing right now.

I'll keep trying. Thank you for your patience.

If you're looking for something to read about Marburg, Queensland, please take a look at our Marburg
news site. There's stories there ranging from new coal exploration leases being applied for in the Marburg area to fund raising morning teas and the enduringly famous Saturday night Marburg dance. Ipswich mayor Paul Pisasale reputedly met his wife at one. What better endorsement can there be?

3 comments:

Kerry said...

You have been writing! I saw your comment on an article on Nell McCredie's Brisbane architecture. I only learned about Nell today, while out walking my dog in Epping. I came across a grandmother, her daughter and two grandchildren searching for tiny pottery pieces and kiln bits in a laneway. They do this after heavy rain, as did the daughter when she was a child! They told me as much as they knew about Nell and I was fascinated. I'd love to know where the studio was (I can think of two 'Mediterranean' places nearby) and also the location of other houses she designed.

Blithe said...

Thanks for your comment Kerry. I love the fact that there are historical artifacts from the pottery and your story about the family. I don't know if you saw my post on Nell in 2007(http://twotreehill.blogspot.com/2007/09/other-kinds-of-history.html).

The pottery was at 17 Stanley Road, Epping.

I'm working on making a list of the properties she designed that still exist. I promise a post when I have it worked out.

Kerry said...

Thanks Blithe. I'll check out your 2007 blog and look forward to seeing your list when it's ready!

Kerry