Friday 19 October 2007

Pictures of indolence

I decided today that I will spend one day a week writing my novel instead of blogging and decided to make it Fridays. Having made that decision, I proceeded to distract myself entirely with the internet, exchanging emails with friends, talking with my family, reading other people’s writing and to general mental dissolution.

Having taken myself firmly to task, I will show you the view from my new office window, in case you wonder what might possibly distract me outside. The crested pigeons are nesting in the pittorsporum tree, which has swayed in the breeze all day. I tell you this to build up the picture, not to justify my sloth. The second picture is the view over my shoulder although I cheat somewhat and show you a picture after our small hailstorm of a week ago. Today I couldn’t blame my lack of progress on thunder, hail or rainbows.

1 comment:

Vivi said...

Lovely views, indolence-causing or not.

Being a good writer is 3% talent, 97% not being distracted by the Internet. (I got that off the Internet one day when I was supposed to be writing.)