Wednesday 4 November 2009

The frog marks the spot

Wandering around outside with the camera the other day after taking pictures of the gloves on the washing line, I leant over to smell the yellow and white frangipanis that are the first to flower in summer. We also have a twisty old lichened pink, yellow and white frangipani and a brand new baby dark red frangipani (or so we are told as I have yet to see a flower). It was but $1 at the markets so I won't feel too cheated whatever the colour.

I admit that I moved the gloves on the washing line to get a better picture. Once you've taken this step, other little "adjustments" come more easily. So I decided to take a picture of the frangipani and removed a few wrinkly brown flowers to "improve" the image. There was a small green spot on one flower. Hand hovering over the flower I saw that it was not a spot but a tiny frog.


2 comments:

Vivi said...

Wonderful! I suppose looking like a spot is it's main defense in nature, too.

Vivi said...

Egad! The dreaded it's/its mistake, and I made it (noticed just as I clicked "publish")! Let me try again:


Wonderful! I suppose looking like a spot is its main defense in nature, too.


There, that's better. Much improved.