Saturday 15 May 2010

More definitions

Apathetic: having or showing no emotion or interest. From the Greek "without feeling" a- not, pathos- suffering).

Pathetic: arousing pity, or sadness or contempt...(colloquial) miserably inadequate.


I can't decide which definition suits me best at the moment so I (in the best tradition of the apathetic) flipflop between the two. Politicians have nothing on my changeability at the moment.

On one hand, I am busy and on the other, I am aimless in my busyness.

My goal: to be neither apathetic nor pathetic and to GET BACK TO WRITING.

On the other hand, my house is gradually getting tidy and there is a batch of hot spiced chocolate mini cakes in the oven. It's ironic that when my house is tidy, everyone well-fed and happy I'm unable to write. Perhaps those who say that misery and hardship are required for successful literary endeavors are right.

No comments: