Friday 31 August 2007

Postcards from Marburg

There are days when you feel that the top of your head might blow off, not from pain or even frustration, but from the sheer effort of keeping everything and everyone going in the right direction. Apparently my efforts are failing because I entirely forgot to take my scheduled turn at the historical society’s open house. For your reference, they are open the first and third Sunday of the month from 1.30 till 4pm, provided of course, that volunteers remember.

As a sort of mea culpa, I shifted one of my projects from the back to the front burner and went out to take some photographs that might be suitable as postcards for the society. For myself, I wanted to get some photographs of what the countryside looks like with a week of rain followed by a week of sunshine. Where grass has been grazed or slashed, the green is springing up although the dams are still dry. Forthwith, here are some postcards from Marburg. All the pictures are taken from Tallegalla looking northeast towards the township. And least I offend the rest of the Rosewood Scrub, I hope to post some pictures at another time of other local sights.





No comments: